Volunteer Information

Volunteer Record Checks

Will you be volunteering at your child's school during the school year? If so, you'll need to submit a criminal record check to the school,  Criminal record checks can be obtained from the Cochrance RCMP detachment for those living in Rocky View County, or the Calgary Police service for those residing in Calgary limits.  The form can be found at Publications, Forms, School Start Up Forms, Criminal Record Check Volunteer using the Publlcations tab on the banner of this page.


All volunteer record checks are considered valid for one calendar year, but can be renewed annually for up to five years via RVS' Annual Statutory Declaration.

Approved April 18, 2013, Rocky View Schools Policy requires all volunteers in Rocky View Schools to submit a criminal record check and vulnerable sector check, both obtained through the RCMP.

All information is retained confidentially, and complies with FOIP Act.



Document Actions